UPDATE: I’ve raised 20% of my target sum but I still need help to raise the remaining 80%. Feel free to share this on your own blogs and/or consider donating something (no matter how small the amount) via my Extra Life page. Anyone who makes a donation before October 25th will be eligible for my “Early Bird” prize draw and have the chance to win a voucher for Insert Coin. Full details are below!
As some of you already know, I will be joining Stella, Sinead and the rest of the Team Tomb Raider Community in this year’s Extra Life charity gaming marathon. Last year, the team managed to raise an impressive $2,809 for their chosen hospitals and, with your help, we hope to raise even more money this time around.
I’ll be streaming some of my gaming live via my Twitch channel on the 25th and 26th October 2014 (exact times to be confirmed) and I invite my followers and readers to stop by during the weekend to provide morale support and company while I try not to kill off Lara or rage-quit when I fail to get through another level of Farm Heroes Saga.
Perks & Rewards:
To make things a little more fun for those who choose to donate money online, I will be offering a range of perks based on the amount donated, which range from a shout-out on social media to entries into a Steam prize draw, where the lucky winner will win the Tomb Raider game of their choice (PC only, Tomb Raider 1 – Underworld).**
The winner of the Steam prize draw will be announced on 1st November 2014 and, as with all my previous prize draws, the winner will be chosen via a random number generator.
So, here’s a breakdown of the perks donors will be eligible for:
- $1-$4.99 - A mention on the blog;
- $5-$9.99 - A mention on the blog, a shout-out on social media, and 1 entry into the Steam prize draw;
- $10-$14.99 - All of the above, plus a shout-out on the live stream;
- $15-$19.99 - All of the above, plus a blog post dedication;
- Over $20 - All of the above, plus a personalized “Thank You” card.
I will also be holding an “Early Bird” prize draw for those who donate money (regardless of amount) before the 25th October. The prize: a £20 voucher for Insert Coin, the leading name in gaming apparel. The winner will be determined by a random number generator and will be announced on the blog and during the live stream on 26th October.
Please note that all the aforementioned perks will be awarded either during or just after Extra Life 2014.
Follow the Fun Online:
Closer to the date, I’ll be announcing a rough timetable of events so that you’ll know what you can expect on the live stream over the course of the weekend. For now, please feel free to follow me on Twitch and watch this space for further announcements!
Other Ways You Can Help:
If you’re unable to donate any money, there are other ways you can help me and the rest of the Team Tomb Raider Community meet our collective target. You can help us by:
- Sharing this page on social media - Spread the word by sharing this page on Twitter, Facebook, and/or social media sites.
- Tuning in to the live stream - Any moral support, company, or kind words will be welcome during the live stream. Join in the fun by visitingmy Twitch channel on the weekend of 25th October.
- Linking to this page from your own blog/website - Let other Tomb Raider fans know about our fundraising efforts by posting a link to this page on your own blog or website.
Thanks so much for reading this and for showing your support. Here’s to a successful Extra Life 2014! Let’s do this for the kids! :-D
** Please note that the prizes will be paid for out of my own pocket and that all proceeds raised will go straight to the Children’s National Medical Centre (Washington, DC) and its international programs. Family and close friends will not be eligible for the prize draw.